Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Since you still don't know me very well, I will modestly tell you that at my school I kick ass at literature, and am viewed as "promising" because I read vast amounts of "serious" books. I had already read the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn before it was announced that it was our summer reading. So that means I had to re-read it (which I didn't mind doing, because, as a rule, I generally read all my books more than once to extract all the pleasure I can out of them) and figure out the theme. I had an idea, that came to me when I was seriously pissed off at how stupid everyone seemed to be. Even Huckleberry was brainwashed into accepting the fact of slavery. It seemed intensely hypocritical that Jim should should be viewed as bad instead of the real criminals. And lo and behold that was the theme! So a YAY for me...and um, thats all folks.

please enjoy the flowers...

No comments: